Hands of Hope Welch Ministries, Inc. accepts donations of items listed below and also financial support.
- We ask that all items be clean and in good condition.
- All donations need to be in boxes as it is difficult to transport items in garbage bags. If possible, we ask that donations be delivered and to be unloaded in West Virginia.
- Due to rising gasoline costs, Hands of Hope Ministries welcomes any donations to help with transportation.
- Hands of Hope Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and an acknowledgement will be sent to you for any financial gift. If you desire a receipt for other items donated, please send an itemized accounting to the address below and a receipt will be mailed to you. For more information and guidance, please contact The Hope Chest at (304) 436-4001.
- The corporate address of Hands of Hope Ministries, Inc. is P. O. Box 962, Welch, West Virginia 24801. The physical address of The Hope Chest is 145 McDowell Street, Welch, West Virginia 24801
Please sort clothing and label boxes according to gender and size. Again, Hands of Hope asks that donations be delivered and unloaded in West Virginia. We accept good used clothing and shoes. It is a good idea to check in with The Hope Chest before each season to see what kind of seasonal clothes they may need for the West Virginia area each season. Many Hands of Hope Ministries partnerships have trailers or depots where donations can be transported regionally. Check with Hands of Hope Ministries for more information.
Items for Food Boxes
The prices for food items fluctuate daily, and Hands of Hope Ministries works daily to purchases the food items listed below at discounted prices that are included in the Hands of Hope Food Boxes.
We prefer donations and contributions be coordinated through the Hands of Hope Ministries Executive Director Crystal Green. She works with local area grocery stores.
This also gives all the Food Boxes consistency and the item sizes need fit in the standard Food Box. Contact Crystal Green at email@example.com for more information on how to contribute to the Hands of Hope Food Boxes.
Small Appliances new or good used toasters, mixers, coffeepots, etc.
Large Used Appliances must be working and clean no gas, electric only
Good Used Furniture
Lamps, Framed Pictures, Mirrors
Bed Linens sheets, blankets, spreads, pillows
Towels kitchen and bath
Pots and Pans
Dishes, Flatware, Glasses
Hair Products shampoo, conditioner 12 to 16 ounces only
Combs and Brushes
Shaving Cream and Razors
Feminine products, pads and tampons
First Aid creams
Fingernail and nail clippers
School Supplies Needs List
Each year Hands of Hope Ministries distributes school supplies to children and to schools in McDowell County.
Below are items that are needed:
Pencils and Pens
Markers and Crayons